1.14.2005

Death on Venice Blvd.

I almost got killed again today. It all started with "lets take a walk". We had beautiful weather here today and I felt guilty enjoying the walk at Venice Beach with everything that's happening around the world. The sky was so clear that from the shore, I was able to see the mountains, its' top still covered in snow. On the drive back after hitting up my new favorite "soul food" place, this man, sitting next to me on the drivers seat made a really bad left turn. Really bad. That it immediately gave me flash back of this very similar moment about four years ago when this same driver almost nearly killed us while making a left turn. That time, yeah I remember buddy, we almost got hit by a fire truck. And then I had to stare at him and give him the evil eye and then only then did I get an apology. So I did what I believe was the right thing to do. When we entered his room in one piece (I swear that car was coming right at me), I proudly made him shriek, shriek in a kind of way I've never heard any man or human being make. At one point I (caught in the moment) pressed his arms down and said "hold it together man!" and gave him a slap across his face. Hahaha, you didn't think I was going to share that did ya? Later on, I woke up from a nap to here that the building down the street was on fire and there's smoke everywhere and the police blocked off the street. And then it turns out that Venice Blvd was blocked off because someone has been murdered. Yikes! But unfortunately, this is no new news, which is the sad part. What a day.
The man responsible for my flash back:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that baby is SOOOO ugly.

hahahahah!

January 18, 2005 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home